Catch The Ball Now Compiles Again!

Catch The Ball Now Compiles Again!

If you checked out the source code for “Catch The Ball” lately, you might have noticed that the source code wasn’t compiling. The reason for this is because even though I tested the code to compile and run before committing it to the repository, I added comments to the XML files, stating that the file is a part of “Catch The Ball”, and that it’s licensed under version 3 of the GNU General Public License. What I didn’t realize, however, is that the line “<xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>” needs to come first in the XML file, before any comments, or else the compiler will produce error messages. I pushed the code to the repository without realizing this, and then started working on fixing issues with Clippy, so I didn’t find out about the problem until I tried to compile the Catch The Ball code again, at which point, I became extremely confused, as I knew I tested the code before committing it to git, and the only changes I made involved adding internal documentation to the code, which shouldn’t affect the application at all. Anyways, it’s fixed now, and I just wanted to let you know.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: