Find The Mouse Improvements Complete!

Find The Mouse Improvements Complete!

I finished making the changes to “Find The Mouse”, and the new code is up on github. I’m already in the process of signing and uploading the new version to the Android market. You should be able to download it very soon! The new version automatically advances to the next level after you successfully find the mouse, it keeps track of your winning streak and current score, and the user interface feels much nicer. Enjoy! 🙂

UPDATE: The new version is now up on the market! Check it out!

Advertisements

Pssst… Planned Improvements for "Find The Mouse"

Pssst… Planned Improvements for “Find The Mouse”

I realize that “Find The Mouse” isn’t that much fun yet. I’m working on implementing a feature to keep track of scoring. For each round successfully completed, you will get one point plus one point for every click left. The game will also keep track of how many games were won in a row. Keep in mind that this game was never originally designed to be very fun, it was meant to be an example to teach (very) basic Android programming. These upcoming features are simply the result me giving into peer pressure and trying to make the game more enjoyable. Keep in mind that this is an open source project and anyone is welcome to contribute code if they would like to see it in the game. The feature is done as far as coding, I just have to work on the new layout.

Introducing “Find The Mouse”, a Basic Open Source Android Game!

Introducing “Find The Mouse”, a Basic Open Source Android Game!
So, a friend of mine asked me to show them how to make a basic Android game, which resulted in me coding up something simple for him. “Find The Mouse” is the result of this coding. This entire game was started and finished in around 20 minutes today, and the counter was added in later. All of the artwork in the game is public domain artwork found on sites like clker.com. The card background was heavily modified in order to reduce file size and make it look nicer on mobile screens. The object of the game is to find the mouse hidden behind one of five cards. You have three chances to find the mouse before you lose. The game is, as I stated earlier, incredibly simple, yet somewhat useful to someone who is learning to code for the Android operating system. The entire source code as well as all resources are available on GitHub, and I will probably end up putting this on the Android market soon, so that all of you without the Android SDK or the time to compile source code can play with this. This game will definitely be 100% free, and I have no intention of ever charging for it. The version on the market will likely have an AdMob advertisement in it, however, the version on github will not if you have the time to compile it and run it yourself. I am releasing this project under version 3 of the GNU General Public License, and all original artwork created by me in relation to this project is released to the public domain. You may copy, edit, modify and redistibute this project as long as you follow the terms of version 3 of the GPL. Enjoy! The project’s source code can be found on this GitHub repository. 😉

P.S. Hitting the Search button or the Menu button resets the game.